There are a number of situations in which it would be convenient if you could automatically split incoming calls evenly between your staff members.
The good news is that you don’t need to invest time or money into setting up a PBX system to do this. All you need is a 1300 number or 1800 number.
Because these are “virtual” numbers, you can route your incoming calls to one (or more) answer points including landlines, mobile phones, VoIP phones, and call answering services.
What that means is that if you’re operating a call centre, you can splay calls to share potential leads between your sales team or to help free up your customer service representatives by distributing work evenly.
Call splaying can also come in useful at times when you’re expecting an increased number of calls (for example, when you run an advertising campaign or you release a new product). You can hire an external call centre or live answering service to help you answer the extra calls, and then use call splaying to share the load. For example, you could have 60% of the calls shared among your own staff, and the remaining 40% routed to the external call answering service.
Call splaying of 1300 numbers and 1800 numbers can also be combined with call forward routing, which means that if the first number you try to reach is busy or not answering, the call can automatically be routed to the next number in line ensuring that calls are always answered quickly.
In total, you can use call splaying to share your incoming calls between up to 20 numbers. The only rule is that call percentages must equal 100%.
The best part of this is that simple call splaying is usually included as part of your standard monthly 1800 or 1300 number plan, with no additional cost to pay. (Note that fees may apply for more complex call splaying set up and routing, or to make changes to your existing set up.)
1800/1300 NUMBER SPECIALISTS
10 Reasons Why Hosted PBX Phone Systems are Ideal for Sole Traders
Many of us think of medium to larger sized businesses when we think of Hosted PBX phone systems—busy offices with lots of people and lots of phones. But the truth [...]
How to Get 79% More Business with an After Hours Answering Service
When your business relies on being available to customers after hours, it’s hard to take time out for the important things in life—like dinner with friends or family, or just [...]